Just a quick note to let you know about something we’ve come across during assembly of the differentials on the EB48 buggy.
The kit includes some small shims for adjusting the internal diff gear mesh. The instruction manual shows one small shim (TKR5146) behind each spider (small) gear. Due to manufacturing tolerances and variance between our pre-production parts and production parts, these small shims may cause the internal diff mesh to be very tight and crunchy. Simply remove the 4 shims and your diff should mesh normally.
Additionally, the differential mesh may seem smoother when turning the outdrive on the non-gear side. This is normal. The differentials will NEED TO BREAK IN before you run the car for the first time. To do this
- Get your car ready to run, electronics installed, battery charged, ready to go…
- Step 1 – Place the 2 left tires on the ground, ensure they do not move. Rev up to 1/8th throttle for 30 seconds allowing the 2 right tires to ‘diff out’
- Repeat Step 1 placing the 2 right tires on the ground.
- Repeat Step 1 placing the 2 front tires on the ground.
- Repeat Step 1 placing the 2 rear tires on the ground.
When done properly, breaking in the diffs will smooth out the diff action and ensure that they run freely during operation.
To summarize: YOU MAY NOT NEED TO INSTALL TKR5146 (small shims). BREAK IN YOUR DIFF BEFORE USE. We will be updating the instruction manual with this important note. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you!